Taiwan Innovation & Technology Arena is a flagship project supported by Taiwan’s Ministry of Science and Technology. This project aims to boost the diversity of Taiwan’s innovation ecosystem by inviting talents from all over the world to create the next big thing with Taiwan’s startups and industries. We firmly believe that diversity brings out creativities, and all creativities should be treated well.
There are 3 pillars to support our core value. One is to provide the resources for the soft-landing of worldwide startup teams. In addition to financial support on flight tickets, accommodations and living expenses in Taiwan, the teams can choose one of the experienced accelerators in Taiwan as a host and leverage the accelerator’s network in Taiwan.
Second, we build a “from idea to product” platform for newly budded ideas to come closer to commercialization. If you have an innovative idea and want to turn it into tangible products, we offer business mentors, scenario-based design coaching, product development and rapid prototyping resources.
Our third pillar is offering training courses and out-bound programs for Taiwanese PhDs and medical-devise talents. Immersing these talents in global environments, will allow them to bring back both experiences and expertise that will enrich the whole innovation system and further create a virtuous circle in Taiwan.
- Solid industry clusters:
- Known for ICT industry and its emerging potential in IoT, Biotech, Smart Machinery, Green Energy and Cloud Computing
- Ranked No.1 country in Asia for Global Entrepreneurship in 2015 by GEDI
- Ranked No.2 in Top 10 World safest countries to settle
- 4hrs Life Scale
- Major player in global supply chain
- Abundant High-quality Talents
- Multi-year Entrepreneur Visa
- 1-month Soft-Landing Program
- Supporting high-potential technology startups and emerging companies to successfully enter the Asia market and scale their business globally.
- Provideing access to outstanding mentors, free offices, valuable connections and the knowledge and expertise required to scale quickly
- Technology-driven startups with a strong founding team, intellectual property, and a product that is close to/already on the market
- Startups must have the bench strength on the founding/ executive team to send at least one founder/senior member of the management team to the Taiwan for the duration of the program
- Before Jan 2017, the startup must not have set up a cooperation in Taiwan
- At least two thirds of the members of the startup are not citizens of the R.O.C.
- The startup must be willing to develop a tech cooperation in Taiwan.
- We do not ask for equity, cash or investment rights, and participation is free of charge.
- Customized mentoring and advice
- From industry experts and accomplished entrepreneurs & investors.
- Boot Camp and Workshops
- Specialized workshops covering topics such as product/market fit, go-to-market strategy, and fundraising
- Access to our Network
- Build relationships and immerse yourself in the Taiwan startup ecosystems.
- 1-on-1 Startup Tech Guide
- Marketing & PR
- Spread your word. Use our marketing channels and relationships to amplify your story.
- Financial Support
- 2 Round-trip flight tickets
- 30-day accommodation
- 30-day co-working space
- Entrepreneur Visa
What will you work on?
- Business Development
- Acquire customers and partners
- Pitch potential investors
- Build team
- Define a Asia go-to-market strategy
- Validate product/market fit
- Identify potential partners and channels
- Develop Industry Network
- Connect to global supply chain